Handheld Addict

PS VitaPSPPSPgoWii3DSDS LiteXboxGame Boy Micromp3 playersMobileGadgetsgeneral

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Coveroo


I really like the Darth Vader face on the back of my PSP(s).... but imagine if we could put whatever artwork *WE*-- PSP owners-- wanted on the back of our PSPs?

I heard about this site from an episode of EP Daily... Coveroo is some sort of laser-etching service that puts custom artwork onto cellphones and other gadgets.

It looks like they can etch onto metal and plastic. The news story says Coveroo etches onto faceplates and mails those to the customers, rather than having to send in the whole device... though from the pics, it looks like etches can be done directly onto the back, like with the iPods & iPhones.

I'm going to email them & see if they will do PSPs, since the battery cover for the PSP-2000/3000 is easy to pick up seperately and smooth enough put an image on (obviously)... I do have that spare plain white battery cover... though I suspect that a darker colour like black or even silver might be better to etch on....

It's just a really intriguing idea if I could get whatever picture I wanted on the back of my beloved PSP.... I don't even know what I'd want....

www.coveroo.com



[EDIT:] They sure got back to me fast!


Sent: Thursday, April 02, 2009 12:00 PM
To: Customer Service
Subject: Sony PSP coveroos?



Hello:

Would it be possible to have a Coveroo on the back of my Sony PSP-2001, if I mailed the battery cover in? Do you have PSP-2001 battery covers available to place Coveroo images on?

Thanks.


later
don



Sent: Thu 4/02/09 12:12 PM
To: Don

Hi Don!

You bet! You can purchase here, mail it to the address below and send us the art you want via e mail. Let me know if you have any questions!

http://www.coveroo.com/product/tabid/61/v-7307-custom.aspx

Coveroo Inc
333 Bryant St Suite LL120
San Francisco, CA 94107

Thanks!




later
don

No comments:

Blog Archive