Handheld Addict

PS VitaPSPPSPgoWii3DSDS LiteXboxGame Boy Micromp3 playersMobileGadgetsgeneral

Sunday, April 12, 2009

PSP paperclip stand

Hmmm.... I'm finding myself on guard duty, trying to keep a nasty Northern Flicker (woodpecker) from enlarging a hole in the side of my house that it's currently obsessed with. Luckily, I have my PSP loaded with tv shows I haven't watched, like last week's ep of 24.

But I want to eat too. I can't hold both the PSP and my plate & fork. So my PSP is wedged as best I can to watch it, while I juggle between stuffing my face & trying to get the best viewing angle.... not an ideal situation.

If only the PSP-2000 had some decent stands. There must be a few out there, but there are far less accessories for the PSP-2000 than there are for the original PSP-1000.

It got me remembering this link I came across where someone made an iPhone stand out of a paperclip. I totally stole used the idea to try to make a PSP stand:













I'm a bit surprised that it works.... I wouldn't want to bump it or move it too much, but it does seem to be fairly stable.

The tutorial for the iPhone paperclip stand is pretty good, much better than my pics. Worth checking out to get a good idea of how to do something like this.

Now if I could only figure out what to do about that damn bird.....



later
don

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aha, was going to buy a stand but now I can make use of the remaining paper clips I have. Thanks!

Blog Archive