Handheld Addict

PS VitaPSPPSPgoWii3DSDS LiteXboxGame Boy Micromp3 playersMobileGadgetsgeneral

Thursday, October 15, 2009

PSP-1000/2000 love

Spending some time with the PSPgo, as much as I am enamored with it, has made me realize how much I still love the "old" PSP. There's still lots to love there.

The screen: it was always touted by Sony mouthpieces that the nice big screen is a huge feature of the device. Amazingly in this case they speak the truth. The PSPgo screen is more vibrant, but it is still smaller. One thing that nobody has ever said about the PSP is that they wish the screen was smaller. After watching video on the PSPgo, it is kinda nice to get it bigger on the PSP, even if the colours aren't quite as bright.

The controls: not only their placement, but the size of them on the PSP are better. The PSPgo controls are meant to be small, the entire thing is about small small small. They're not terrible, but having face buttons & analogue nub that's 2/3 to 1/2 the size of the regular PSP... again, I don't think anyone ever asked for that. The regular PSP controls feel like they can stand up to some rigorous game playing... on the PSPgo, not only is the panel that has the controls on it thin, but those controls are sunk down inside those "craters", so the actual surface you're playing on feels very thin.

I've been playing Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron on both systems... this game gives my hands the most energetic workout of any PSP game I can think of... I really enjoy getting into it & trying to push my character to do things as far as it can. On the PSPgo, I tend to try to take it a bit easier than if I was playing it on the regular PSP. Also having the D-pad right above the analogue nub as opposed to being to the side feels a lot better when switching between the 2 to do special maneuvers or whatever. It may just be because I haven't played the PSPgo as much....

My new Photofast CR-5400 adapter came today, and I've been trying it out a bit. I switched the micro SD cards into it & it worked fine. I deleted most of the corrupt files, but there is still one that won't delete. Hopefully if I reformat the card in my PSP it will get rid of it, but I haven't tried it yet. I have a lot of stuff on there.....





later
don

No comments:

Blog Archive