Handheld Addict

PS VitaPSPPSPgoWii3DSDS LiteXboxGame Boy Micromp3 playersMobileGadgetsgeneral

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party


So I finally tried out Rayman Raving Rabbids TV Party that I got during Boxing Week. Gah (or should that be DAHHHH!?)-- they need to just take Rayman's name out of the titles of these games, as he's becoming less & less of a presence. The Rabbids are the real stars of this show, and the title is unwieldly enough as it is.

It's fun enough so far, I'm only about 20% in.... but it doesn't really bring much that's new to the franchise of Rabbids games. I haven't tried Rayman Raving Rabbids 2, because I heard that one wasn't so good, but I think the first Rayman Raving Rabbids was the most innovative of the bunch, though it did have some really frustrating mini-games with broken controls. There's still a bit of that here too.

I am fairly impressed so far with the Balance Board support-- this is my first game other than Wii Fit that lets me use the Wii Balance Board. There's the obvious snowboarding type of challenges, and also "tobogganing" type of races where you steer the toboggan with your bum. It generally works fairly well. My fave Balance Board one is where you're a Godzilla-ish monster and you use the Balance Board to steer a jet of flames onto buildings & enemies.

One thing I find a bit disappointing is that like RRR1, they repeat mini-games over & over again. They advertise "over 50 mini-games!" on the box, but really, it's more like 10 games 5 times over. That's a bit annoying, though I rather have less that work than more that DON'T.

It's a bit early to judge the game, but it seems like it will be a quick one to finish. We'll see, when I have time to play it some more.



later
don

No comments:

Blog Archive