Handheld Addict

PS VitaPSPPSPgoWii3DSDS LiteXboxGame Boy Micromp3 playersMobileGadgetsgeneral

Saturday, January 3, 2009

2009 video game resolution - pay less for games

If 2008 taught me anything about videogames, it's that I don't want to pay full price for the majority of my game purchases.

May 2008 was the killer EB Games "Games Days" sale, where they had massive markdowns on 1 or 2 games for just about every console each day of the sale. I picked up 3-4 Wii games, 1-2 DS games, and 1-2 PSP games for $10.00 each.

And that's about how much I want to pay for games. My sweet spot is $20.00, but $10.00 is my snap-it-up price if it's a game I'm at all interested in.

For 2009, I want most of my game buys to be in the $20.00 or $10.00 range. A few games I will pay full price (or close to it)... I know I will when Loco Roco 2 (PSP) comes out in Feb 2009. I'll try to wait for a few weeks to see if it goes on sale, but if it doesn't, I'll pay.

It's just that even 1 full price game will set you back over $50.00. That's a lot of money for only 1 game. If it's one of the best games you'll ever play, it's totally worth it. But the chances of that are statistically very low.... there are too many crap and overrated games coming out in this current state of the industry.

What I want this year:

Kirby Superstar Ultra (DS) --got it (???)2009
*Loco Roco 2
(PSP) --got it Feb. 10, 2009 ($24.99)
Star Wars Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels (Wii) --got it Oct(?)2009
Boom Blox (Wii) -- got it Feb 5, 2009 ($19.99)
House of the Dead: Overkill
(Wii)


What I am possibly interested in:

Resistance Retribution (PSP) --got it March 30, 2009 ($34.99)
*The Conduit
(Wii)-- got it March 24, 2010 ($24.83)
Moon
(DS)
Okami
(Wii)
No More Heroes
(Wii)
New Super Mario Bros (DS) --got it Aug, 2009 ($29.99)

*= I'll pay full price for it.


Notice how most of the games on those lists have been out for awhile already. I'm hoping that they will drop to my sweet spot in pricing this year (in the case of No More Heroes which is already at the $20.00 mark, obviously I don't want to pay more than $10.00 for it.)

The problem with waiting for the $10.00 deals is that rarely is it something I was totally searching for. In 2008, the best $10.00 deal I got was Star Trek: Conquest (Wii) because out of the $10.00 deals I got, it was the game I most wanted. I still play the hell out of it.



later
don

No comments:

Blog Archive