Handheld Addict

PS VitaPSPPSPgoWii3DSDS LiteXboxGame Boy Micromp3 playersMobileGadgetsgeneral

Sunday, April 18, 2010

couple Wii game pickups

I don't know what it is about the Superstore at Metrotown.... but it's one of my "lucky" stores. I usually find deals there whenever I can get over to Vancouver to check it out. I'm in Vancouver now, and I just got back from checking it out again-- I was hunting for a copy of Tornado Outbreak (Wii) after seeing the review on Reviews on the Run. What sold me is it's described as Katamari but with a tornado... and I *really* want a Katamari game on the Wii, but that's not happening anytime soon (if ever)

(video will be viewable in Canada after April 21, 2010)




I knew it was at Bestbuy, and it shows up in stock at my local"ish" one in Langford, for $20.00. Not a bad price... but I was hoping I'd be able to snag it for less. What a cheapskate I am, less than $20.00? What are the chances of that?

But my lucky Superstore pulled through for me again.... they had it for $9.98! I'm scanning the shelves of Wii shovelware thinking, "come on, like I'm really going to find it--hey waitasec. Seriously??" Damn I felt giddy.

I also bought Marble Saga Kororinpa for $9.98... really was on the fence about this one. I know it doesn't score very high reviews but I heard that the first half of the levels are fun, and it supports the Balance Board. I'm getting kind of desperate here, Nintendo..... but for $9.98, I figured what the hell, eh?

Plus Superstore is having a no-tax weekend! So I saved a couple more bucks. Nice. I love that Superstore, it's where I got Destroy All Humans! Big Willy Unleashed and I've never been able to find it for that price ($18.98) again.



later
don

No comments:

Blog Archive