Handheld Addict

PS VitaPSPPSPgoWii3DSDS LiteXboxGame Boy Micromp3 playersMobileGadgetsgeneral

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Zune HD coming

This is interesting... the rumoured Zune HD has been confirmed.




















Some stats, as posted by Engadget:

  • 3.3-inch, 480 x 272 OLED capacitive touchscreen display

  • built-in HD Radio receiver

  • HD video output (utilizing a new dock -- not on-board)



Supposed to come out this Fall.

I've read that it will have an IE-based web browser, obviously Wi-fi connectivity.
The video out sounds like it uses a "sold seperately" HDMI dock, so I suspect (dread) that it's for HDTV only. I really need a composite video out.

The Zune has always interested me because it plays a bit more video codecs than iPods, WMV and .MP4. I'm not sure if it will play PSP-formatted .MP4.

OLED screen sounds very appealing, they are supposed to be brighter & very vibrant. I've also read that the Zune HD will have an accelerometer ala iPod Touch. It sounds very much like an iPod Touch clone, but it does have a radio, which is nice.

As far as I can tell, there's only 1 tactile button... I sure hope it has tactile, dedicated VOLUME controls.

I'm always looking for a media player that will match the features/versatility of my PSP, in a smaller more compact form.







It does look pretty. Not a lot of info about it right now. Hopefully we'll find out more about it next week at E3.




later
don

No comments:

Blog Archive