Handheld Addict

PS VitaPSPPSPgoWii3DSDS LiteXboxGame Boy Micromp3 playersMobileGadgetsgeneral

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

PSP battery - why so damn tight????


Ok, I just have to get this off my chest.

The PSP-110 battery, the one that goes in the PSP-1000 model, can be a real sunnovabitch to get out. Sometimes it pops out easy, but sometimes the PSP battery gets stuck..... it's just wedged in there so damn tight.....


I've switched the Budgetgadget's PSP-1000 "Stamina" battery over from my PSP-1001 to test in my PSP-2001, and getting it out of my PSP-1001 was... sheesh, my thumb STILL hurts 30 minutes later.

It seems like a no-brainer, that the battery just pops out. Maybe I'm just a dope. Hey-- I can't discount that possibility. But now I've taken a really close look at how the battery fits into the PSPs, there are 2 tabs at the bottom, but also 1 tab at the top. Hopefully I'll be able to get this battery out of my PSP once I'm done.

So far, my tests with this "Stamina" battery have been disappointing-- it has much less power than even my normal 1800 mAh, even though it puports to be 2200 mAh. I got about 1.5 hours of gameplay out of it on my PSP-1001, while I can get about 3 hours from my regular battery. So I don't expect much better with my PSP-2001. I'll elaborate when I post my review.


later
don

No comments:

Blog Archive