Handheld Addict

PS VitaPSPPSPgoWii3DSDS LiteXboxGame Boy Micromp3 playersMobileGadgetsgeneral

Thursday, February 5, 2009

device map


Ugh... I've been trying to re-configure my device hookup to my tv... it's one of those things that isn't that hard, yet it's just hard enough that it's not easy to do without really thinking about it.


My setup is that my Wii & Xbox are wired to my VCR through a signal switch, (my VCR's line 2 is set up for my PSP) then my VCR goes through my Neuros Recorder II+, which then goes to my tv's line in.

The problem with this setup is that I can't tape any tv shows on my VCR or Neuros if I'm using my Wii or Xbox.

So this morning I decided to just draw my signal chain out, and it was definitely more confusing than I'd thought. Luckily, seeing it on paper rather than having to imagine it all in my head helped.

Really, all I needed to do was change the output from the Neuros to the switchbox, then have the switchbox output to the tv. But you can see the erased mistakes & dotted lines to nowhere when I was first trying to decipher my signal chain.

I thought I'd tried this before, but for some reason the Neuros would shut off when I switched the signals. I'm not sure if I just didn't have it wired properly that last time or if the connections to/from the Neuros was loose, which is a bit of a problem with the device. Still, it seems to work now. So hopefully I won't be missing some of my shows, like Battlestar Galactica, when my nephew comes over wanting to play my consoles. I needs my stories!



later
don

No comments:

Blog Archive