Handheld Addict

PS VitaPSPPSPgoWii3DSDS LiteXboxGame Boy Micromp3 playersMobileGadgetsgeneral

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

3DS stacked on DS Lite glitch

Last night I came across a weird thing with my 3DS.

I had my 3DS closed, in sleep mode (I was playing Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D 'natch) and I stacked it on top of my completely turned-off DS Lite, similar to this pic (not my hand BTW):




When... while closed, the 3DS came out of sleep mode! I could see the screens lit up & the RE:M3D music was playing! Very weird.

After doing a bit of research, I came across a bunch of Youtube videos showing the same thing. Here's one of them:



Basically, I guess it's the magnets in the DS Lites' speakers that affect the 3DS? Very weird. I flipped the DS Lite over to see if the bottom side would do the same thing & it wouldn't. I also tried putting the magnetic clasp of my DS Lite/3DS case under the 3DS & couldn't replicate it either. I guess the DS Lite speaker magnets happen to be just exactly placed to cause this weird phenomenon. I had no idea that the DS Lite could wake the 3DS out of sleep mode. I don't want to mess with it too much 'cause I don't know how it will affect the long-term health of my 3DS....




later
don

No comments:

Blog Archive