Handheld Addict

PS VitaPSPPSPgoWii3DSDS LiteXboxGame Boy Micromp3 playersMobileGadgetsgeneral

Saturday, August 20, 2011

3DS Ambassador Program: Step 3 - serial number confirmation

Nintendo finally got around to putting up a site to confirm that you're enrolled in the 3DS Ambassador Program: [click here]


From the site:

Nintendo 3DS Ambassador Eligibility

To verify that you are eligible for the Nintendo 3DS Ambassador program, enter the serial number in the box below. The serial number for a Nintendo 3DS is located on the bottom of the system - just below the barcode - and starts with the letters CW followed by 9 digits. (Be sure to include the last number in the box.)


I checked, and mine seemed to be alright. I got this message:

Serial Number:
"CW000000000" <==== (not my actual serial number, just used as an example)

Eligibility:
You are a Nintendo 3DS Ambassador!


Starting Sept. 1, Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge from the Nintendo eShop. By the end of 2011, Nintendo will also provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy™ Advance Virtual Console games. Look for more information soon.

Important: If you have not already done so, connect to the Nintendo eShop today to make sure you are ready to download your free games starting Sept. 1. (How To) Connecting to the Nintendo eShop for the first time after Sept. 1 could delay the availability of the games.

Cool! Actually, I copy + pasted that message from the site, but what got copied was MORE than that. There was another message that doesn't show up on the page, something along the lines of "We can't read your serial number, call Nintendo for support, etc. etc." I should've kept that text, but anyway, I guess it's part of the javascript that Nintendo is using on their site. A worst-case scenario message. But if there was such a situation, I expect that all a 3DS early adopter would have to do is mail Nintendo a copy of their receipt-- as long as it's dated before August 12, 2011, it should be ok.

So now it's just waiting 10 days or so....


later
don



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Do you have Super Street Fighter 4 3D Edition yet? If so, what's your friend code?

Don said...

Hmm, no I don't have it... yet. I'm not too experienced with fighting games (in other words I suck) but SSF43D looks awesome. I'm keeping my eyes out for a deal on it.


Oh, and my friend code is 3523 - 2041 - 3724



later
don

Anonymous said...

Can you post your QR code sometime for your Mii?

Blog Archive