Handheld Addict

PS VitaPSPPSPgoWii3DSDS LiteXboxGame Boy Micromp3 playersMobileGadgetsgeneral

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron WebDoc #1

Finally some more info about Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron!

This developers vid starts off slow, with Star Wars Battlefront II footage. I hate it when they keep using that stuff since it's irrelevant to the PSP games. At least they credit the footage properly instead of misleading people into thinking that Xbox cutscene stuff is actual PSP footage.

But when it gets to the actual PSP game footage, I have to admit, I'm getting pretty excited! I love where the fighter is strafing an AT-AT from *waaaay* high above. The way ground & air is integrated in this game, it makes the battlefront look huge.




There's a comment that has me really curious:

"you're gonna be able to play on a single PSP with another player"


I'm not sure if this means gamesharing-- as in one copy of the UMD game can be played on 2 (or more) PSPs... or if this is some sort of "players take turns & pass the PSP back & forth" kind of thing??? Weird.

Only in the final minute do they get into the DS version of Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron. And it does look a bit.... stripped down.... still, I'm hopeful that it could be good. Unless it gets plain awful reviews, I'm still thinking I will pick up both PSP & DS versions at launch, the first time I've ever done that with a game.

And last but not least.... a release date!

11-3-09


Sa-wheeet.


later
don

No comments: