Handheld Addict

PS VitaPSPPSPgoWii3DSDS LiteXboxGame Boy Micromp3 playersMobileGadgetsgeneral

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

my most embarrassing games?


I read an IGN editorial about the controversial Modern Warfare 2 content... it got me thinking about games that try to push the boundaries in good and bad ways.... but then I started drifting off on a tangent and wondered, "what are the most embarrassing games for me to be caught playing?"


I wouldn't exactly call myself a proud gamer in general-- it's not something I like to flaunt. But I have some games in my library that I really don't like to be seen playing. Some of them are for obvious reasons, but many might not be.

Star Wars Battlefront - Maybe I play Star Wars: Battlefront: Renegade Squadron the most over SWBF I & II on Xbox because with Renegade Squadron I can play on my PSP away from everybody & with headphones on. Why are these games embarrassing? Mostly for all the repetitive voiceover like, "we've lost a command post! Get it back! We're losing reinforcements!", etc.... it may not seem that bad, but actually it gets repeated so much that it would be very annoying to a casual spectator. I think I've just learned to block it out. Star Trek: Conquest is also embarrassing for the same reasons; the dialogue is even MORE cheesy that the Battlefront games....

Almost every Wii game - Let's face it-- watching someone play Wii is like watching someone performing for a stage hypnotist: they think they look cool, but they so DO NOT. I get pretty self-conscious when people see me flail around like a 12-year-old girl swatting at butterflies-- even though I'm having fun.

Playboy: The Mansion - Honestly, I haven't even really played much of this game at all. It's for Xbox, and it's mostly a stats management sim game: You run the Playboy magazine, so you have to do a bunch of stuff to keep it going. It seems more tedious that titillating... but I sure as hell don't want people to know I own it. Oops......... *our little secret*


later
don

No comments: