Handheld Addict

PS VitaPSPPSPgoWii3DSDS LiteXboxGame Boy Micromp3 playersMobileGadgetsgeneral

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Handheld Addict update

Ok... it's been a long time since I updated. Man, I don't know why I haven't posted in this blog for a long time, because I have had a lot of "techy" things happening in my life.

August 2010 - I actually bought a new TV! Sure, a 52" edge-lit Sony LED TV doesn't exactly qualify as "handheld" but it actually has a LOT of relevance because the interaction between it and my PSPs, netbook, & of course home gaming consoles is very important.
















But.... I *RETURNED* the TV to Future Shop 30 days after I bought it.... I dunno. I liked it, but I didn't love it..... if my current old TV dies, then I'd be happy to upgrade to a flatscreen. But in the meantime, I don't want to subscribe to HD channels & these new TVs don't play standard-def TV especially well. I should have done an entire post about the Sony EX-703 TV, but in a nutshell that's it.

And there's been tons of developments in the PSP world. I've been trying to keep up with all the rumours & leaks of the PSP phone, and the PSP 2. It's all but been announced for the phone, and in a few days we may hear something official about the PSP 2, ummm... too.

Speaking of phones, I must admit, I've turned to the DARK SIDE. Yes, I now have a mobile phone. I don't know why I consider this to be such a sellout because chances are, YOU who's reading this right now, has a cellphone. It may be a smartphone, could just be a regular cellphone, but you do have one, right? For me, it all started last summer: stuff happened & I needed to have a cellphone in case of emergency-- like if I got stranded at the side of the road in the middle of nowhere. So I borrowed my dad's cellphone. By December I realized that I should just get my own, plus it happened that 7-11 had a great pay as you go deal. So I bought a nice HTC Legend Android 2.1 phone off of eBay, bought an unlock code (it was locked to Bell) and am now using it on prepaid service. It's a pretty awesome little device, which I will post more about later.

Then there's the Nintendo 3DS... having a firm release date & it's not that far off has really got me excited. I've put in a preorder for the black one, but I honestly cannot decide between the black or the blue. I'm thinking of cancelling my preorder for the black & changing it to the blue.

So I'm still here, still addicted to handhelds & gadgets in general.



later
don

No comments: