Handheld Addict

PS VitaPSPPSPgoWii3DSDS LiteXboxGame Boy Micromp3 playersMobileGadgetsgeneral

Sunday, May 16, 2010

podcast - IGN Girlfight

I've just listened to the 5 episodes of Girlfight from IGN.... basically, this podcast show is made up of 4 females who work there, including Jessica Chobot, talking about videogames.

The episodes are about 60 minutes long, and are fairly random comments on games, what they're playing, any "big videogame news" , and response to listener mail. I dunno, I actually quite like it. It's refreshing to hear female perspectives on gaming. I know there are a lot of female gamers out there.... but I hardly ever see them represented online in blogs or wherever.

Another thing I like is that even though they don't really cover the games/platforms I own, their interests run the gamut.... they can get just as excited about "hardcore" shooters as they do for "casual cute" games.... which is something I can relate to. Their latest show at this time of writing is a debate on EA's "pay to play" or whatever it's called where they charge a $10.00 fee to access online multiplayer for used copies of their sports games.

I hope they can continue to produce this show regularly.

Download them from here.



later
don

No comments:

Blog Archive